Escape to the countryside and visit beautiful Giverny. You will tour the former property of renowned impressionist painter Claude Monet who made his home here after seeing the town from a train window.
Giverny is where the artist spent his final years and devoted his time to working on the house, the gardens and of course his art. Some of his most famous pieces are based on the landscape and his gardens here in Giverny such as the 250 paintings in his Water Lilies series.
- Start Time9:00am or 2:00pm
- Duration5 hours
- Group Size8 people maximum
- Price1-3 people (sedan) | 500 EUR
4-8 people (minivan) | 600 EUR
- Airport Pick UpCharles de Gaulle | 100 EUR
Orly | 80 EUR
- IncludedAll Transport • Licensed Guide • Ticket to Giverny
- Not IncludedMeals • Gratuities
HOTEL PICK UP
We will collect you from your hotel in one of our comfortable vehicles at your preferred time (9am or 2pm). On our way to Giverny our licensed guide will give you an introduction to the history of the Monet's famous home and gardens.
Claude Monet lived in this house for 43 years until his death. The decoration and colors of the house were chosen by him and were definitely not in keeping with the trends at the time. You'll notice these colors from the pink facade and green shutters on the outside of the house to the yellow dining room and blue kitchen and sitting room inside.
THE FLOWER GARDEN
There are two parts to Claude Monet's garden. In the flower garden (Clos Normand) we will see a mixture of rare and common flowers with varying colors and textures. Monet disliked the idea of having a constrained garden which is evident here and in contrast to his water garden.
THE WATER GARDEN
The Water Garden was based on paintings of Japanese gardens that Monet was enamored with. He designed the garden himself and drew inspiration from the Japanese bridge and of course the water lilies that bloomed in the pond. You'll have a chance to explore and walk over his famous bridge.
RETURN TO HOTEL
Once the tour concludes we will start the drive back to Paris. We aim to return you to your hotel at around 2pm or 7pm (depending on your pick up time). If you’d prefer to be dropped off at a restaurant or bar to continue your day in Paris, then please let us know.
- AC TAN, Malaysia: Gustavo was willing to explain when I was in doubt or didn't truly understand about the history of the places that we visited
- AUSTIN G, United States: This was a fantastic tour for wine and champagne lovers. Gustavo was warm, charming, and knowledgeable...
- BRIAN LACHANCE, United States: Gustavo was prompt, kind, welcoming, knowledgable, informative, charming, funny, and easy to talk to...