Mont Saint Michel is one of France’s most popular tourist attractions for obvious reasons. This iconic island commune has a fascinating history and is an architectural treasure.
Inside the walls of Mont Saint Michel you will discover its charming medieval village and the Gothic church and abbey. Your licensed guide will take you on a personalized tour and tell you all about the history. We’ll also enjoy a break for lunch in the quaint main street.
- Start Time7:00am
- Duration13 hours
- Group Size8 people maximum
- Price1-3 people (sedan) | 1000 EUR
4-8 people (minivan) | 1200 EUR
- Airport Pick UpCharles de Gaulle | 100 EUR
Orly | 80 EUR
- IncludedAll Transport • Licensed Guide • Ticket to Mont Saint Michel
- Not IncludedMeals • Gratuities
- Please WearComfortable walking shoes
- ImportantThere are a lot of stairs and the abbey is not accessible by wheelchair.
This is an extended day trip so please be prepared for a long drive to and from Mont Saint Michel. As this tour will be completely private you’ll have some flexibility to modify the stops on the day. Just talk to your guide to see what is possible.
HOTEL PICK UP
We will collect you from your hotel in one of our comfortable vehicles at around 7am. On our way to Mont Saint Michel our licensed guide will give you an introduction to the history of the island. It's a 3.5 hour drive so we'll stop on the way to grab a coffee or take restroom break when required.
ARRIVAL AT MONT SAINT MICHEL
When we arrive we will park the car and catch the shuttle to the island. Once on the island we will have some time to wander through the narrow streets with their charming stone buildings.
We will enjoy a break for lunch in the main street where your guide will be able to recommend a suitable restaurant for you. You could even try the local specialty omelet.
After lunch we'll take you on a personal guided visit of the Abbey. Your guide will talk to you about the history of the island and the abbey which dates back to 708 when the worship of Saint Michel began here and the island became one of the most important places of medieval pilgrimage.
We'll continue our tour and move on to admire the Romanesque Church. We think you'll see why UNESCO made this island a World Heritage site in 1979.
RETURN TO HOTEL
Once the tour concludes we will start the drive back to Paris. We aim to return you to your hotel at around 8pm. If you’d prefer to be dropped off at a restaurant or bar to continue your evening in Paris, then please let us know.
- HEIDI LING, United States: This was my second tour to Normandy with Gustavo in 6 months, the first with friends, the second with my husband and daughter
- ZIN MIN SWE, Singapore: Gustavo is prompt, service oriented and was more than happy to do little additional things.
- AC TAN, Malaysia: Gustavo was willing to explain when I was in doubt or didn't truly understand about the history of the places that we visited