This is our In Depth tour of Versailles plus an exclusive tour of the private apartments of the kings. With the help of your official guide this extended tour will give you a complete insight into the domain of Versailles. This includes the palace, gardens, the Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon and the Queen’s Hamlet. Plus your own private tour of the apartments of the Kings Louis XV and Louis XVI.
This visit to the Private Apartments will be a truly special experience. These exclusive tickets allow licensed guides access to the private apartments so that you (no one else!) can explore in peace. This tour allows you a very intimate look into the lives of the Kings.
- Start Time9:00am
- Duration9.5 Hours
- Group Size8 people max
- Price1-3 people (sedan) | 1125 EUR
4-8 people (minivan) | 1280 EUR
- Airport Pick UpCharles de Gaulle - 100 EUR
Orly - 80 EUR
- IncludedAll Transport • Licensed Guide • Tickets to all Sections of Palace & Private Apartments
- Not IncludedMeals • Gratuities
- ImportantThis is an exclusive tour only under request. Tickets are limited each day so advance notice of at least 15 days is requested.
- SeasonalFrom April to October it is possible to see the water fountain show in the gardens on the weekends and some Tuesdays. Ask us to confirm.
HOTEL PICK UP
We will collect you from your hotel in one of our comfortable vehicles at around 9am. On our way to Versailles our licensed guide will give you an introduction to the history of the Palace.
Upon arrival at the Versailles we will skip the queues and get straight into the Palace to commence your visit. Your official guide will give you a personalized tour around the Palace. You'll learn about the fascinating history, architecture and people of Versailles.
THE PRIVATE APARTMENTS
Your licensed guide will take you on an exclusive tour into the private apartments of the Kings Louis XV and Louis XVI. We will have a chance to enjoy these rooms alone and see some of the most interesting memorabilia that is housed in the palace.
We have access to visit 14 of these private rooms. Highlights of this tour include the famous Secretaire cabinet and the Passemant astronomical clock.
After visiting the palace we will head out into the stunning gardens. Your tour will continue here as you spend some time strolling through the gardens.
STOP FOR LUNCH
Next we'll take a break and you can enjoy lunch in one of the restaurants in the gardens of Versailles. Your guide will be able to recommend a suitable option.
After lunch we will drive through the park to arrive at the Grand Trianon. Here your guide will give you the history of this grand chateau which served as a private retreat from official life.
MARIE ANTOINETTE'S ESTATE
Next we will visit the Petit Trianon where Marie Antoinette lived with her group of friends isolated from the official life of the court. The tour finishes with a walk through the queen's hamlet. A farm was built here so she felt like she was living in the countryside and there's still animals today.
RETURN TO HOTEL
On the conclusion of the tour we will head back to your hotel. We aim to return you at around 6.30pm. If you'd prefer to be dropped of at a restaurant or bar to continue your evening in Paris, please let us know.
- TANPA THONDUP, Hong Kong:
- STEPHEN TAYLOR, United States: Gustavo was awesome, very knowledgeable and a very good driver.
- AUSTIN G, United States: This was a fantastic tour for wine and champagne lovers. Gustavo was warm, charming, and knowledgeable...