Come on a trip out to the countryside and explore the vineyards and history of Chablis. You’ll discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Vézelay Abbey with a personalized tour from your licensed guide who will tell you all about the history of the abbey and this area.
We’ll take a break for a relaxed lunch in the quaint town of Chablis. In the afternoon we’ll go on a vineyard tour where you will learn more about the Chablis and the production methods used to make this classic wine. And obviously you’ll get a chance to taste some wines and enjoy the beautiful landscapes this area has to offer.
- Start Time7:30am
- Duration12 - 13 hours
- Group Size8 people maximum
- Price1-3 people (sedan) | 900 EUR
4-8 people (minivan) | 1120 EUR
- Airport Pick UpCharles de Gaulle | 100 EUR
Orly | 80 EUR
- IncludedAll Transport • Licensed Guide • Basilica Entrance is Free
- Not IncludedMeals • Gratuities • Tasting Fees
This is an extended day trip so please be prepared for a 3 hour drive to and from Paris. As this tour will be completely private you’ll have some flexibility to modify the stops on the day. Just talk to your guide to see what is possible.
HOTEL PICK UP
We'll pick you up from your hotel around 7.30am. Just sit back and relax and we'll give you an introduction to some of the history of the area. It's a 2.5 to 3 hour drive so we'll stop on the way to grab a coffee and take a restroom break when required.
Our first stop will be at the Basilica Vézelay. Both the church and the hill it sits atop have been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We'll take a break for lunch in the delightful town of Chablis where your guide will be able to recommend somewhere for lunch. Why not treat yourself to a glass of the local wine?
After lunch we'll head off to discover a working vineyard. You'll learn about the wine production and of course you'll sample this classic Chablis.
We'll have a chance to visit another small vineyard to taste a few more wines. There is no better way to enjoy a glass Chablis than in the Chablis region!
Before we head back to Paris your guide will take you up to a lookout point where you will have a great view over the valley and the chance to take some lovely photos.
RETURN TO HOTEL
Once the tour concludes we will commence the drive back to Paris. We aim to return you to your hotel at around 8pm. If you’d prefer us to take you to a bar or restaurant to continue your evening in Paris then please let us know.
- AC TAN, Malaysia: Gustavo was willing to explain when I was in doubt or didn't truly understand about the history of the places that we visited
- DIANA OLIVER, France: Gustavo was extremely knowledgeable and he had a mic connected to earbuds for us so we could hear everything even in the crow
- ZIN MIN SWE, Singapore: Gustavo is prompt, service oriented and was more than happy to do little additional things.