This full day tour tour will give you a great insight into the long and diverse history of the stunning Versailles Palace and its grounds. This unmissable destination attracts over 6 million visitors per year! You’ll have a chance to explore the Palace and its gardens with your licensed tour guide.
After a break for lunch in picturesque Giverny we will visit the house of renowned impressionist artist, Claude Monet. This is where the artist spent his final years and did extensive work both on the landscaping of the gardens and the house itself. He produced some of his most famous pieces based on these gardens, including a series of 250 paintings of the water lilies.
- Start Time9:00am
- Duration9.5 hours
- Group Size8 people maximum
- Price1-3 people (sedan) | 800 EUR
4-8 people (minivan) | 960 EUR
- Airport Pick UpCharles de Gaulle | 100 EUR
Orly | 80 EUR
- IncludedAll Transport • Licensed Guide • Ticket to Versailles Palace & Gardens • Tickets to Giverny
- Not IncludedMeals • Gratuities
- SeasonalFrom April to October it is possible to see the water fountain show in the gardens on the weekends and some Tuesdays. Ask us to confirm.
HOTEL PICK UP
We will collect you from your hotel in one of our comfortable vehicles at around 9am. On our way to Versailles our licensed guide will give you an introduction to the history of the palace.
THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES
Upon arrival at the Versailles we will skip the queues and get straight into the Palace to commence your visit. Your official guide will give you a personalized tour around the Palace. Your tour will last around 1.5 hours. You'll learn about the fascinating history, architecture and people of Versailles.
After visiting the palace we will head out into the stunning gardens. Your tour will continue here as you spend about 30 minutes strolling through the gardens.
DRIVE TO GIVERNY
Once your guided tour of Versailles concludes we will jump back in the car and head to Giverny. The drive takes approximately one hour.
STOP FOR LUNCH
We will take a break for lunch in the picturesque town of Giverny. Your guide will be able to recommend a suitable restaurant for you.
Claude Monet lived in this house for 43 years until his death. The decoration and colors of the house were chosen by him and were definitely not in keeping with the trends at the time. You'll notice these colors from the pink facade and green shutters on the outside of the house to the yellow dining room and blue kitchen and sitting room inside.
THE FLOWER GARDEN
There are two parts to Claude Monet's garden. In the flower garden (Clos Normand) we will see a mixture of rare and common flowers with varying colors and textures. Monet disliked the idea of having a constrained garden which is evident here and in contrast to his water garden.
THE WATER GARDEN
The Water Garden was based on paintings of Japanese gardens that Monet was enamored with. He designed the garden himself and drew inspiration from the Japanese bridge and of course the water lilies that bloomed in the pond. You'll have a chance to explore and walk over his famous bridge.
RETURN TO HOTEL
Once the tour concludes we will start the drive back to Paris. We aim to return you to your hotel at around 6pm. If you’d prefer to be dropped off at a restaurant or bar to continue your day in Paris then please let us know.
- AC TAN, Malaysia: Gustavo was willing to explain when I was in doubt or didn't truly understand about the history of the places that we visited
- AUSTIN G, United States: This was a fantastic tour for wine and champagne lovers. Gustavo was warm, charming, and knowledgeable...
- BRIAN LACHANCE, United States: Gustavo was prompt, kind, welcoming, knowledgable, informative, charming, funny, and easy to talk to...